How to pick the best gift for your Grandchild
Picking a gift for your grandchild doesn’t have to be hard; in fact it’s a great opportunity to increase your bond by learning more about their interests and doing something together. And guess what? you don’t have to spend a lot of money and get something extravagant.
Here’s our tips and tricks to keep in mind when shopping for your grandchild.
1) Find out what your grandchild’s favourite books and toys are before you start shopping
Next time you’re on a phone or video call, ask them to show you their favourite items. Getting this information will help you make sure you’re not buying something they already have but rather ordering something that’s age appropriate and interesting. For example, if your grandchild shows you their favourite toy is currently a 48pc dinosaur puzzle, you will have learned that they are currently working on 48pc puzzles (so picking a 48 or 64 pc puzzle would be appropriate) and that they are interested in dinosaurs.
If you need more ideas or help connecting with your grandkids checkout The Longdistance Grandparent group for ideas and connecting with other grandparents!
2) Shop at a knowledgeable store specializing in gifts for kids
Shopping with us or another knowledgeable store specializing in gifts for kids offers a number of benefits including:
- Age-appropriate recommendations from staff – Contact Us today to discuss a gift for your grandchild
- High quality products – We only carry the best brand
- Wide selection – We focus on books, puzzles, activity books, games, STEM toys and DIY kits
- Gift wrapping services – We offer this complimentary
- Delivery services – We ship across Canada
3) Select a gift that you can enjoy together (in person or virtually)
There’s so many great gifts for kids that you can enjoy with your grandchild whether you’re able to visit in person or only through video calls.
Our top recommendation for this is DIY kits. You can enjoy an experience making these kits together. If you’re not able to visit your grandchild in person the price point of many of these kits is reasonable so you could order one for your grandchild and one for you and make the kits together over a video call.
Another great option is books which you can read together.
4) Get something Mom and Dad will approve of
Mom and Dad are tired, you remember what it’s like with kids! Give a gift that doesn’t add a ton of work to their to do list. Order it with gift wrapping if possible, avoid toys with loud repetitive sounds, consider any house rules with respect to screen time, etc.
5) Have fun with it
Most importantly, have fun! Your grandkid(s) love you and will undoubtedly love and cherish any gift given by you!
Checkout our full collection of gifts for kids. You can filter the list by age on the left-hand side. If you need help don’t hesitate to contact us !